Saturday, January 1, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

It is official!! For 2010 we donated 26,024 items !!! Every single one of you should be proud to be a part of this total. Each member is valued whether they send 1 or 100 items and I know are very much appreciated by those we have helped.
I like to think of us as a 'grass roots' group who help different organisations to be successful. They give out the items we make to help those less fortunate and those who have found themselves in some kind of crisis and need a hand. Because of what WE do as a group they have things on hand to help these people.
This year has presented a few challenges for me. I have had to move my house around to accomodate things that have come in at times, my garage is sometimes to full to put the cars in it (I have a 2 car garage) and sometimes both the garage and house looks like the local opportunity shop lol I have also had some disappointments in the people who have let me down and shown themself to be in this group for what they can get out of me and what they can get for themselves. I have come to the conclusion that people will scam anything, no matter how well set up it is, and it is better to focus on the percentage who are genuine.
That being said I truly appreciate all of you who have helped in so many ways. The ones who make items for Needy Stitches to distribute, ones who deliver and pick up things in their area for us, ones who go out of their way to collect things from their friends and family to help us and so many others.
I know we can only go upwards from here and help even more people in 2011. The more people we all encourage to become involved the more we can do. So tell your friends and family about us, post the link to our website on your Facebook or in any craft groups you belong to.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at needystitches@gmail.com and I will be happy to help!
Have a great New Year and stay safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment