Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have my garage back!

Boy has this been a busy week! I have unpacked, sorted and repacked literally thousands of items in the past 3 days, but now I can see some garage floor!!  Today we had some pick ups which freed up quite a large space inthe garage which I am sure will be filled again soon enough. I had more people turning up yesterday with donations for both the Qld. floods area and for the charities we normally help. I had the local organisations come and pick up their lots and to be honext I was glad to see the back of all the bags and boxes. Needless to say they were happy with the loads they received, with xmas now being over people are becoming concerned with clothes for their kids for school. I am certain the same will happen once the weather becomes cooler and kids (and adults) needed warmer clothing. It seems to be a never ending cycle, there is always something that people need more of at a certain time, which I guess is what we are here for and what we do.

I have not done much knitting over the past few days, by the time I come inside from sorting in the garage I am too tired to pick up the needles and usually crash on the couch where I stay til bedtime lol  I have started a new pile for things to go up to Qld again on next weeks truck and that pile is starting to grow nicely.

Every time I blog here I mean to mention something. If anyone has a favourite charity, works for one or knows of one or someone who needs a hand email me at needystitches@gmail.com and let me know and I will see what we can do as a group. The wider we open the group up the more people we can help.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have helped us, not only with the floods but for every single person we have helped. One of the groups we help regularly received 500 of the mini xmas stockings filled with lollies prior to xmas. When she turned up at the door this morning I asked how she was etc. and if she had had a busy Xmas. She laughed and said once word had gotten around they had stockings full of lollies they got extremely busy!!  Another one, Joyce (one of our members) told me that at Xmas they showed on TV all the xmas babies and there were 3 of them with our xmas beanies on!! We are famous!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment