Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quilts



On Thursday we received 9 beautifully crafted quilts from Jan Mac who is a new member to our group. Jan does not only beautiful work but last year alone donated over 2,500 quilts to various organisations!! It was hard for me to choose a particular quilt to post a pic on this blog as they are all gorgeous so make sure you visit our website and check out her album!! These quilts are headed to Qld on the truck this afternoon so I know some people are going to be comforted by these quilts.


I finally got to knit with the wool so kindly donated to us recently. I made a little premmie jacket and as predicted the wool was spectacular to knit with and the jacket came out so soft!  In the past 2 weeks I have been making baby jackets and matching beanies because I can put them down and pick them up when I have time, in between sorting and washing/ironing and packing things ready for Qld. Phew!! what a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment