Friday, January 28, 2011

Xmas in January??



Well don't I feel strange knitting Xmas stocking in January!! But I am set on making at least 20 per month for this year to make a head start and not end up knitting a ton of them in November/December! It will mean we are 240 closer to our 5000 total that we need LOL

I have been extra busy this week, unpacking sorting and repacking things ready to go to Qld. tomorrow. I cannot believe the generosity of people in times of a national crisis. Each time I get a little room in my garage it is quickly filled up with someone droppping off yet more things, and it has even spilled out into my house. My bedroom has parcels, bags and boxes all over that to get to my bed of a night I have to climb over things or just stand at the bottom of the bed, throw myself on it and crawl up to the pillows!! But tomorrow they will all be gone and a new week starts.

I had a phone call from a friend of a friend who owns a shoe shop and has 1,500 pairs of shoes to donate!! Mens, Womens and kids shoes of all types. My mind boggled at the quantity, where I was going to put them, where I would place them. After two phone calls I had arranged to get them picked up in a charity organisations truck, had 3 organisations for them to go to and even managed some to go to Qld!

Last night Jan Mac delivered 34 beautiful quilts to go to Qld! They really are spectacular, the pics on our website do not do them justice but when you see them spread out on the bed I realise just how gorgeous they are! They will keep so many people warm and will put a smile on so many faces.

I think that is all my news for today though for how busy I have been this week it does not sound a lot lol But tomorrow we have between 3 and 4 thousand items leaving for Qld.


1 comment:

  1. is there a pattern for the stocking so we can help do some..?

    ReplyDelete