Saturday, February 26, 2011

Update


I finally finished the crocheted blanket that I started a couple of weeks ago (thank goodness!) I needed something that I could pick up and put down whenever I needed to because February has been so busy so I thought this was the perfect project.

February has been busy as you can see by the number of items donated on our website. I am absolutely stunned not only by how generous people are but also by the amount of need out there in the community. I have calls or emails at least once a week from a random organisation asking if we can help and with the winter fast approaching I think the need will be even more demanding. That being said we are making a dent in the need and there are many people walking around a little warmer and feeling a little better about themselves.

I had 3 ladies delivering things today, Kaye, Leslie from Northcliffe Lodge and Heather so I ended up with quite a haul by the end of the day lol  I always thought things slowed down over summer but boy was I wrong this year! Some days I wish there was just another couple of hours so I can finish doing something and other days I wonder how people do it so tough, how do they manage, how scarey it must be to not be able to provide all that their kids need. You should all be proud of what you do, whether that is knitting 1 items or 100. I heard something on the radio this week, "If you cannot feed 100, feed 1" I thought about it and realised that it is such a wise saying. Every bit helps so keep up the great work and let's make 2011 an awesome year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment