Saturday, April 16, 2011

April Activities

Once again I have not blogged nearly often enough in the past couple of weeks but things have definitely been hectic. With winter almost upon us I have had quite a few phone calls asking for things to keep both the homeless, kids and babies warm during the winter. We are moving along with things coming in daily but it seems the demand is more than we can keep up with but we are definitely making a dent in it all. I have already sent out quite a few packages, parcels and have had things picked up from a couple of organisations and seem to continually have a couple of bags on the go, filling them as things come in. I am on a first name basis with our local parcel delivery man who I am sure was beginning to wonder what I was up to getting packages almost every day!!


I am currently working on a blanket for the oncology ward at Southern Health. It has the ribbon knitted into the pattern, though I am also making white squares with a different pattern to go with it just unsure of how I will design it yet. I am trying to decide between 1 pink then 1 white square across the row, or a middle section of pink squares then the outer squares in white (Gee I hope that makes sense lol)  It is taking ages but I think the time and effort will be worth it when it is done. I will keep you updated on the progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment