Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Ramblings

Every so often I get a phone call about someone who is in desperate need and it always sends me scurrying around to put something together soooo I thought I would try and get ahead! I made up two baby baskets, 1 for a girl and 1 for a boy and have them sitting on the table just waiting for the phone call to come!! Talk about cheating the system lol The baskets are put together from all the donations you send in, so are a compilation of various members donations and handiwork but they come together so nicely.


This well Kaye turned up with a bag FULL of small crocheted squares she had received from a lady from her Probus group. 293 of them in fact!!!  So today I have been sitting down and crocheting a black edge around them (which at the current rate will take me not days but weeks to get them together) I think I will get 3-4 blankets out of them once they are sewn together which is great because this week I heard from one of our Church friends who goes around to the elderly centres to visit and told me about the centres not turning the heat on during the day because of the cost. Well those of you in Melbourne know how cold it has been this past week and these elderly citizens are cold!! So I am now on a crusade to get as many lap blankets done that I am able, so these squares are a good start.

Please do not forget about our petition to the Legislative Council re" more affordable and sustainable housing for the homeless or thos at risk of homelessness. I am busy sending this to every group I can find, which is also going to take me weeks if not months but it is a cause I firmly believe in so thwe effort will be worth it!! Any help you can give, if you are a member of a sporting group, senior citizens group, any kind of group please consider taking this petition there and getting friends to sign it.

No comments:

Post a Comment