Friday, December 2, 2011

114,035 donations to date!!!

114,035 items we have donated this year!! What a fantastic effort by all of you!! And it is only the start of December! lol

It has been a very busy 2 weeks with trying to get loads of donations out in readiness for Xmas but I have managed it! The house is practically clear of everything (I am hyperventillating as I have nothing left lol) but we have helped so many organisations out with things for Xmas. The sad part is it is just a drop in a bucket but at least, because of your efforts, a lot of people will be able to celebrate Xmas this year.

We usually wind down a little in December and I take this time to regroup and think of new ways to run the group, things to make it better, more effective etc. I am wondering if I should run monthly challenges, perhaps have members make personal challenges for themselves, have a database that I keep privately and keep a track what each person sends me so they know at the end of the year how many items they have donated. What do you think? If you have any suggestions to make this more fun and interesting please email me at needystitches@gmail.com  All ideas are welcome!

I am almost scared to try and come up with a total to aim for next year! But at least I won't be moving so that will make ita lot easier (hopefully)

There is something I have been doing kind of on the side. I heard about boxes for the Australian soldiers serving in Afghanistan. You fill them with toiletries, beanies, magazines, noodles, lollies etc and then post them free of charge and the forces get them over there. I have a friend burning music CD's, DVD's, collecting magazines and anything they can supply to fill the boxes. One of our members Carol is an avid op shop visitor and she comes up with all kinds of things to fill the boxes up so over the past 3-4 months we have just sent off our 40th box! Hopefully they will make a difference to a soldier away from home at Xmas.

If I do not blog again this year I would like to take this opportunity to thank you ALL for everything you have done to make Needy Stitches successful and allow us to help those less fortunate. I feel very lucky to be able to do this but know that I would not be able to do half as much without the support of every one of you!!

HAVE A GREAT XMAS!!  See you in the New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment