Sunday, August 19, 2012

Xmas Plans Revealed

Every Xmas it seems that there is more and more need out there not only for kids toys but for food hampers, gifts for Mum or Grandma, gifts for kids of a homeless person that they have not been able to give something to in quite a long time. Some of the stories I hear at Xmas are heartbreaking and for the past 2 years I have been trying to come up with something more we can do.  I tossed this idea around in my head last year but I was unprepared and xmas was fast approaching so I decided that I would rethink it this year.

I have been putting aside some things as they come in and have quite a good stash already for xmas so I have decided on what we should do.

The local church that has supported our group for a couple of years are allowing me the use of their hall for 1 week in the last week of  November. I am going to decorate the hall in a Xmas theme, lay all of the things I have been putting away all year out on tables (including quilts, blankets, kids toys, baby clothing, baby blankets, school packs, toiletries ... you get the idea) and those that come to us through the various organisations we already support can take what they need for Xmas. The church along with us will also be making up Xmas hampers like we did last year and giving these out to those who need them.

I am sure you will realise I cannot do this alone and will be needing lots of helpers so if you think you can spare some time during that week to help I would be eternally grateful. This will be like a "mini" connect day with those in need being able to connect to various organisations that can help them and they will also be able to get some beautiful gifts for their loved ones at Xmas.

Please if you can help in any way,or spread the word of what we are trying to do and get other people involved that would be great. If someone just donates 1 toy and they tell someone else and they also donate a toy or a gifty type of thing then it becomes a snowball effect.  Xmas is such a special time for us all and I really hate to think of people missing out.

I will be organising a meeting of sorts so anyone interested can come and listen to the ideas I have and can have some input into how they think we could run this effectively.  Keep an eye on this blog for more news of that meeting date or email me your interest in helping at needystitches@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for all your support!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd come along but it's a bit far from Bathurst NSW. I'll see what i can find to donate tho. Keep reminding us....

    ReplyDelete