Monday, April 1, 2013

Homeless Connect

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!!  Mine was good as I had a bit of time to catch up on some much needed sleep and do not much else except crochet squares for a blanket.

The Homeless Connect day is on April 17th so things have been really hectic. My house looks like the local post office with bags and boxes and even a couple of suitcases piled up in the lounge room. I cannot believe some of the things that you all have made. One lady made some gorgeous knitted slippers in a pattern I have never seen before so I have sat down and stared at them for over an hour trying to work out how they are made. (gee you would think I had better things to do with my time wouldn't you?)   We have also gotten lots of beanies, scarves, wrist warmers and blankets which is fantastic. We have also received a LOT of toiletries, both full sized and the ones you get from hotels when travelling. Also the local Church's Youth Group are also putting some together for us so I think we could almost make our goal of 200 toiletry bags.

Of course even though this event will help it is just a tip of the iceberg so keep those needles clacking away. Ohhhhh I got some gorgeous knitted toys today, a couple of them were the Jean Greenhowe dolls and so beautifully knitted. So don 't forget that we will need toys for Xmas so anything you can make would be greatly appreciated, I still cannot believe it is April already so trust me when I say Xmas will be upon us very soon.

Take care all of you and with any luck I will blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment